Welcome to our new “Open Forum 3” discussion page!
We continue to create new Open Forum pages for you to post your questions and comments, and for us all to discuss important marriage and intimacy issues. Please post your new comments/questions to this Open Forum 4 post below.
For additional insights, you can review previous discussions by clicking on the links below. You will then find a list of topics discussed in each Open Forum:
Open Forum 4 (to post NEW questions and comments)
Open Forum 3 (posts from Apr 2011 – May 2013)
Open Forum 2 (posts from Jun 30, 2009 — Apr 3, 2011)
Open Forum 1 (posts from Aug 14, 2007 – Jun 29, 2009)
- Laura’s Straight Talk Q&A(for other questions and answers from Laura)
Open Forum 3 Topics
You’ll find some interesting and insightful discussions on the following topics in this Open Forum 3 post:
- Struggling with “The Good Girl Syndrome”
- Would our sex life have been better if we had been with other people before we got married?
- Having children has almost totally eradicated my interest in sex
- I hate it when my husband gropes me!
- My wife says that I am not affectionate enough with her
- Has anybody here done the sensate focus stuff in Chapter 12?
- My wife has a hard time taking the lead in making sure she is getting pleasure and reaching orgasm.
- If self-stimulation is used during lovemaking as a way to enhance and bring excitement and joy to each other, is it masturbation?
- Are there any other good LDS discussion boards about marriage and sexuality?
- Sex-starved marriage
- I’m a guy, but I am discovering that I struggle with the “Good Girl Syndrome” too
- My wife doesn’t feel safe
- Is it possible for a woman’s body to simply be incapable of orgasm?
- Sex satiation
- Priorities in life
- Confusing relationships
- How does one get their spouse to at least consider the principles taught on this site and in the book?
- How to live with erectile dysfunction
- I am completely scared of that first night of sex
- What is the premarital exam really for?
This is the place to post your questions and comments and have an open dialogue about subjects related to marriage, sex, intimacy and parenting. I hope you will consider yourself a valuable resource in this forum, as you share not only your questions, but also your own insights and solutions.
Please continue to be attentive to the tone of your posts, so that we can maintain an atmosphere of reverence and respect for each other and the sanctity of sexuality in marriage.
I will try to respond as often as I can, but hope you will step up and share your insights as well.
As you reply to the various comments below it will thread each comment in order (newest posts at the bottom) to make it fairly easy to follow the discussions.
Some readers incorrectly post their questions on our StrengtheningMarriage.com Comments Page instead of here in this forum. I will move those questions over here to this forum to allow for easier discussion.
Thank you all for your participation here! Let’s learn and improve our marriages together! : )