With so many weddings and anniversaries happening during the summer months, it’s a good idea to have a few traditions to help you honor and celebrate your marriage and wedding anniversary. What wedding/marriage traditions do you have? We’d love to add to our list, but here are some to get you started!
Wedding Anniversary Traditions
- Watch your wedding video.
- Go through your wedding photo album.
- Have a special couple portrait taken. Check out the many fun Couples Photos on StrengtheningMarriage.com!
- Get your rings cleaned.
- Go out for a special breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Write down your “How We Met” story or review it together!
- Review and revise your lists of the top 10 things that make you feel loved.
- Get away for an overnight stay. A favorite place is The Anniversary Inn! Fans of StrengtheningMarriage.com can even receive a fabulous 25% discount!
- On your special getaway take the book 365 Questions for Couples and/or the Table Topics Couples Edition to get to know each other even better!
- Make love as many times that day (or week, or month) as the number of years you’ve been married (whichever is more doable! : )
- Go for a nice romantic walk some evening…be sure to hold hands though!
- Get some pretty flowers. You gotta have flowers! (…unless your wife is anti-flowers! : )
Please share your anniversary traditions and/or other marriage traditions here!
About the Author: Laura M. Brotherson
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and Certified Sex Therapist, Laura M. Brotherson is the founder of "The Marital Intimacy Institute"" with a mission to help couples create "sextraordinary" marriages. She counsels with couples and individuals in private practice (and online) and is passionate about helping couples navigate the intricacies of intimacy--specializing in healthy sexuality, sex therapy, and sex addiction. She is the author of the best-selling book And They Were Not Ashamed — Strengthening Marriage through Sexual Fulfillment, Knowing HER Intimately: 12 Keys for Creating a Sextraordinary Marriage, and her latest book --From Honeymoon to Happily Ever After: 23 Keys to Prepare for a Sextraordinary Marriage, with nearly 100,000 copies sold. She also has a fabulous online course for women to help them develop their "Sexual Wholeness."
As a Certified Family Life Educator, Laura is also actively engaged in helping to build strong marriages and families by providing marriage education through Couples Cruises, articles, newsletters, radio and television broadcasts, "The Marital Intimacy Show" podcasts, and presenting at conferences and workshops. Laura is a regular contributor to the KSL Television "Studio 5" morning show.
Subscribe to our newsletter, blog, videos and podcast and join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Learn more at StrengtheningMarriage.com — your trusted resource for education, products and services to strengthen marriages … intimately!