Welcome to our “Open Forum 2” discussion page! This has been the place (up until April 3, 2011) to post your questions and comments, and have an open dialogue about subjects related to marriage, sex, intimacy and parenting.
To create new discussion posts please visit our Open Forum 4 discussion page.
For additional insights, you can review previous discussions by clicking on the links below. You will then find a list of topics discussed in each Open Forum:
Open Forum 4 (to post NEW questions and comments)
Open Forum 3 (posts from Apr 2011 – May 22, 2013)
Open Forum 2 (posts from Jun 30, 2009 — Apr 3, 2011)
Open Forum 1 (posts from Aug 14, 2007 – Jun 29, 2009)
- Laura’s Straight Talk Q&A (for other questions and answers from Laura)
Open Forum 2 Topics
You’ll find some interesting and insightful discussions on the following topics in this Open Forum 2 post:
- Intimacy in later years
- One spouse hates sex
- Disgust for semen
- No emotional intimacy
- Expected sex
- Am I weird for wanting sex so much?
- What percentage of women actually enjoy sex?
- Is it better to focus on emotional or sexual aspect of marriage?
- How to deal with a sexual desert
- Why does my husband view pornography when I am open to sex?
- Books for the honeymoon?
- My wife refuses sex
- Oral sex?
- Is sex a NEED?
- Couples Dialog
- Twilight obsession and its effects on marriages
- Wife not interested in sex
- Masturbation in marriage
- Sex inhibited by meds
- New ways of asking for sex?
- Withholding sex
- When neither partner wants sex and neither partner enjoys it, is there any reason for them to continue having sex, even on an occasional basis?
- Sexual surrender
- My spouse is confusing
- My wife is no longer attracted to me
- Trying to overcome “The Good Girl Syndrome”
- How to spend time when I travel so much
I know from your many personal emails and the conversations we’ve had at various events that there is an army of intelligent and intuitive people who have great insights, and are seeking to strengthen their marriages intimately. I hope you will consider yourself a valuable resource in this forum as you share your questions and comments.
Please continue to be attentive to the tone of your posts, so that we can maintain an atmosphere of reverence and respect for each other and the sanctity of sexuality in marriage. I will try to respond as often as I can, but hope you will step up and share your insights as well.
Thank you all for your participation here! Let’s learn and improve our marriages together! : )