Today Kevin and Laura celebrate 18 years of marriage, and look forward to the rest of forever…!
Some of the Best Things about Marriage
- Having a best friend
- Learning how to think about and care for someone other than yourself
- Having adorable children (my daughter told me to add the “adorable!”)
- Having someone who motivates and requires that you become your best self
- Being able to enjoy God’s gift of sexual intimacy
- Having someone who always has your back
- Having someone to love who loves you back
- Knowing that marriage and family can last forever…!
- Have a nice dinner date and spend the night away at a hotel
- Get our wedding rings cleaned
- Watch our wedding video
- Look through wedding pictures with our kids
- Update our “Love Language” lists of what makes each of us feel loved
- Do wedding sealings
We’d love to hear how many years you have been married, and what the best things about marriage are for you. Share your favorite wedding anniversary traditions, as well. We can all learn from each other.